Windows 10 allows anyone at Pathway to login to any PC. Unfortunately, there is some configuration that needs to be done to make it officially setup. You can either do this yourself with these directions or contact Support to set it up for you. Items you need to type will appear in Courier New.
When you first login to a Windows 10 PC it will ask you to create a PIN. Please do so. This PIN is unique to each PC you login to.
When you first login, Citrix Receiver presents a dialog looking for an email address. It’s not necessary. Select the “Do not show this window automatically at logon” checkbox and click the Add button.
Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, and Mail can be unpinned from the taskbar.
- Click the Yes button to “Make Adobe Acrobat Reader my default PDF application”
- Click the Continue button
- Click the Change button
- Under “Other Options,” select “Adobe Acrobat Reader” and click the OK button
- Launch “Unicare” shortcut on the desktop
- Select the “Use recommended security and compatibility settings” radio button and click the OK button
When Citrix is run for the first time, it shows dialogs that when dismissed properly will not appear during subsequent runs. Both Unicare and Sigmund use Citrix. If you are not going to use either you can skip this step. This example is going to use Unicare but applies to Sigmund too.
- Launch Unicare shortcut on the desktop
- Enter your credentials for Unicare (this should not be the first time you’re using Unicare) and click the “Log On” button
- Along the bottom, click the dropdown to the right of the Allow button and select “Allow for all websites”
- In the “Internet Explorer Security” dialog, select the “Do not show me the warning for this program again” checkbox and click Allow button
- Click the Unicare 15 button
- In the “Citrix Receiver – Security Warning” dialog, select the “Do not ask me again for this site” and click the “Permit use” button
Chrome is the default web browser used by Pathway. Internet Explorer is used for Welligent and other dedicated website shortcuts on the desktop.
- Exit Chrome
- Re-launch Chrome from the desktop icon
- Click on the blue “Set as Default” button across the top
- This will launch Settings app and take you to the “Default apps” tab
- Under “Web browser”, click on “Microsoft Edge”
- Under “Choose an app” select “Google Chrome”
- Right-click the “Microsoft Edge” icon on the desktop and select Delete
- 1. Click the Start button in the bottom left and start typing Word. Search will find the Word application, click on the Word icon to launch
- Be patient with it. When you initially start Word, it will say “Sign In” in the upper right. In about a minute it should sign in as you. Word will also display “Accept the license agreement” dialog; click the Accept button
- 3. Right-click the Word icon in the taskbar and select “Pin to taskbar”
- Repeat steps 1 and 3 for Excel
- Repeat steps 1 and 3 for Outlook
- In Outlook, click “Connect” (your email address should be pre-filled)
- Type in your password; enable the “Remember my credentials” checkbox; and click OK button
- Click the Done button. Outlook will start downloading your email from the server
- Launch Chrome
- Search for Topaz Extension and click the link for “Topaz SigPlusExtLite Background Extension” (it’s typically the first result)
- Click the blue “Add to Chrome” button
- Click the white “Add Extension” button
- Can be tested in Internet Explorer and Chrome.
- 1. Click the Start button in the bottom left and start typing Credential Manager. Search will find the “Credential Manager” application, click on the icon to launch
- Click the “Windows Credentials” tab
- Just below that, click on the “Add a Windows Credential” blue link
- For “Internet or network address” type Server
- For “User name:” type Server\Counselor
- For password type best-tower-git
- Click the OK button
OneDrive is used to back up your files and gives you access to them on any Pathway PC you use.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left and start typing OneDrive. Search will find “OneDrive” application, click on the icon to launch
- Type in your email address and click the “Sign In” button. Advance through the introductory wizard
- 3. Click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area (to the left of the clock), click on the More button, and then select the Settings menu item
- On the Settings tab, in “Files on demand” deselect “Save space and download files as you use them.” Click OK in the confirmation dialog
- On the Backup tab, click the “Manage Backup” tab; Desktop, Documents and Pictures should already be selected, click “Start backup” button. Click OK
Team folders are also available via OneDrive via a slightly different mechanism. You have a local copy and any changes made are sync’d with fellow team members. Take care to save changes soon after making them so that your team members will receive the updated copy. Waiting too long will cause merge conflicts if a team member makes a change at the same time and possible loss of data.
- Click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area (to the left of the clock), click on the “View Online” button. Enter your credentials and sign in
- Click on the hamburger icon and select Shared
- On the “Shared with me” tab, click on the folder
- Click on the Sync button and click the ‘’Open Microsoft OneDrive” button
- In the “Microsoft OneDrive” dialog click the “Start sync” button
- Open the “File Explorer”, on the left-hand side below the “One Drive” links click on the “Pathway Society” link. Inside will be the folders that have been shared with you