The Clinical Supervisor provides comprehensive clinical oversight, training, and support to counselors providing residential SUD treatment services at Pathway Society’s residential treatment facilities. He/she ensures counselors provide services in accordance with all applicable County, State, and Federal regulations and statues. He/she Heshould be familiar with the most up to date and current practices in the field of SUD/AOD treatment and possess an innate enthusiasm and passion for our clients and families. The Clinical Supervisor ensures counselor effectiveness, provides on-going support regarding clinical approach and philosophy, and promotes safe and productive treatment environments for clients and their families. The Clinical Supervisor may be required on occasion to overlap both the day and evening shifts and may include additional hours of coverage as needed.
- Provide direct one-on-one supervision of counseling and clinical staff in residential settings
- Ensure proper documentation (policies, confidentiality, progress notes) and coherency of all treatment plans in accordance with applicable regulations, statues, and agency policies and procedures
- Promote evidence-based practices and current treatment philosophy as determined by Pathway Society’s leadership and clinical teams
- Coach and train counselors toward ensuring proper clinical practices are adhered to with clients and families
- Maintain supervision file for each counselor supervised
- Develop and monitor goals and objectives within the supervision setting
- Supervise, audit, and provide feedback to the counseling activities of counselors in both group and individual settings
- Conduct and attend training sessions as necessary related to confidentiality, evidence-based practices, treatment planning, current regulations, and organizational policies
- Provide individual and small group supervision and training to counselors and have the ability to facilitate coaching and deliver constructive feedback in an asset-based manner
- Regularly review all client charts to ensure quality related to documentation (e.g., treatment plans, progress notes, confidentiality documents, Drug Medi-Cal timelines, etc.)
- Educate and train counseling staff to ensure performance is consistent with current regulatory statues, policies, and agency internal standards
- Role model a professional clinical presence that supports and enhances the work of counseling staff
- Supervise the discharge of Drug Medi-Cal substance use disorder treatment services of counselors to beneficiaries in accordance with Title 22 of the CCR
- Understand and promote best practice in working with dual diagnosed clients
- Skillfully utilize and understand DSM V and ICD-10 as it pertains to diagnosis and billing of Drug Medi-Cal beneficiaries
- Perform additional duties as assigned
The Clinical Supervisor will possess skills and expertise in both staff management and clinical supervision as demonstrated through educational achievement and work experience. The Clinical Supervisor should possess an advanced degree in psychology (LMFT), counseling, social work (LCSW), and/or be a CA Board of Psychology licensed Psychologist in good standing. She/he should possess experience leading and managing other clinical practitioners with confidence and humility. The Clinical Supervisor must demonstrate exemplary temperament and maturity in managing multiple areas of clinical practice that directly impact the lives of those we serve. The Clinical Supervisor must have demonstrated ability and knowledge to teach and mentor newer counselors while strictly adhering to program policies, procedures, schedules, and statues. All candidates must have a minimum of two years supervisory experience in a drug treatment program or the equivalent combination of relevant experience. The Clinical Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility for and establish effective relationships with outside agencies and the general public. The Clinical Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to assume leadership and supervisory responsibility and to motivate and direct others toward accomplishing program objectives.
Pathway Society, Inc. is a vibrant and dynamic work environment that values diversity of experience, thought, and perspective. We provide a competitive and generous compensation package for qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates should download and complete the Pathway Society employment application and email it, along with a cover letter and resume to Melissa@pathwaysociety.org