Job Title: Fill In/Floor Monitor
Position Classification: Non-exempt
Who We Are:
Pathway Society (PSI) is a community-based nonprofit organization founded in 1964, and incorporated in 1968, that promotes individual, family, and community wellness in Santa Clara County. For over 50 years we’ve supported individuals in creating healthy lifestyles for themselves and their loved ones. We offer a wide range of substance abuse and counseling services to adults and families who suffer the consequences of alcohol and substance abuse.
Licensure and Certification:
All of Pathway Society’s facilities are licensed and certified by the State of California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS). We work with numerous systems of care within Santa Clara County and throughout the state. We regularly consult with physicians, therapists, and numerous practitioners to ensure the best care of those we serve.
Pathway Society’s expert practitioners understand the journey of those whose lives have been disrupted by alcohol and substance abuse. All of our practitioners are licensed and/or credentialed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and California Certification Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors. Many hold advanced degrees in behavioral sciences, addiction studies, and additional certifications related to health and wellness.
Fill In/Floor Monitors are employed to assist the treatment team with the overall facilitation of the program structure, provide support for counselors, assist with effective treatment delivery and ensure a healthy recovery environment.
- Assist with monitoring the residential milieu
- Conduct regular rounds of facility, ensuring client safety and program participation
- Assist with medication monitoring as assigned
- Ensure clients are engaged in the program schedule and structure
- Set limits and establish appropriate boundaries as needed for clients
- Support counselors with activities/outings
- Transport Clients as assigned
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Administrative Supervisor
Required Shifts: Must be available to work a minimum of 4-6 shifts per month during the day shift (8am – 4:30pm), swing shift (2:30-11pm) and weekends. Overnight/graveyard availability is desired.
Accountable to: Administrative Supervisor
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- Preferred one-year practical experience in drug/alcohol field (employment, internship or volunteer work).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Valid driver license, proof of current auto liability insurance and clean driving record
- Must maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and behavior as described in the Pathway employee handbook.
- Must be able to physically respond to clients’ needs, climb stairs and move through the facility throughout the work day.
- Must be able to pass clearance/background check through the probation department per contract with the County of Santa Clara.
- Preferred RADT, working towards CADC Certification.
Climbing; ascending or descending stairs, ramps, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Kneeling; bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. Crouching; bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Reaching; extending hand (s) and arms above head in any direction. Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Lifting; able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 40 pounds. Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Pathway Society to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender, age, sexual orientation or marital status.